The Zenne is a small river local to the Brussels region. A source, a tributary and partially submerged, the Zenne flows beneath the city as a reminder of the swampy realities that Brussels is built upon. Like the river, FoAM Zenne is a fluid entity, an undercurrent connecting wild mixtures of life. By staying with muddy troubles of our times, it taps into what might be brewing under the surface of (more-than-human) societies and questions how to live during times of loss, transformation and shifting cultural values. At FoAM Zenne, generosity and sympoiesis form the basis for regenerative practices which include art, making, experiencing and being together.
FoAM Zenne is committed to expanding what can be considered artistic practice across, within and beneath existing fields. We seek out provocateurs and allies among humans, plants and ghosts in particular, pointing to multiple of ways of being-with a world in turmoil. They inform both the what (form & content) and the how (process & methods) of our work.
We live in a haunted world. By inhabiting this ghostliness we may recognize a different proximity to each other and what surrounds us.
Rooted Hauntology Co-working Lab is a research trajectory looking at the (im)possibility of collaboration between humans and plants.
Something is fermenting in between the swamps of Brussels and Estonia.
As process facilitators, we guide groups of people to effectively work together. Facilitation is particularly valuable for tackling complex issues through dialogue and co-creation in participatory se…
Our advice centre is a custom-designed service for artists and cultural workers, that can take on different formats – from a short conversation to several mentoring sessions and coaching programmes.
- A Gathering Of Ghosts (Rooted Hauntology Lab - Séance #2)
- A shrine « Anything but the weevil » at kunst & zwalm
- Désirer le futur
- Kunstenpunt, Voo?uit and Reshape Reimagine the art world
- Multispecies Urbanism (Online Event!)
- Online studio visit - Ghosts of Gathering (Rooted Hauntology)
- Performance Philosophy Biennal
- Reading & Research Group II - Fluid Fundaments - Working with ghosts
- Rooted Hauntology Lab / Séance #1
- Swamp gathering
- Unsinging Linear Time
- Unsinging Linear Time (On Enclosed Spaces and the Great Outdoors - online radio conference))