|Started:||March 20, 2016, 10 a.m.|
|Ended:||March 20, 2016, 3 p.m.|
You are invited to join FoAM Kernow in our ongoing investigation into weaving and coding, and help us build “Tanglebots” from recycled e-waste, Raspberry Pi computers and electronics. This workshop is our contribution to British Science Week.
This event is for all ages and will form a messy introduction into weaving, robotics and coding. Tanglebots are prototype/failed weaving robots (weaving is quite hard, so we are starting with tangles and seeing what patterns emerge). Prizes will be given in various categories for autonomous tangle creation:
- Most artistic tangle formed.
- High speed tangling category.
- Most technical effort with least impressive result.
- Most people/things incorporated (willingly or otherwise) into tangle.
- Least untangleable tangle.
- Best effort at untangling.
This is a free event, but you need to book places, please email email@example.com. Vegetarian lunch will be provided to fuel your creativity, please let us know if you have specific dietary needs.
See pictures from our last event “Machine Wilderness”.
FoAM - Kernow
Workshop F, Jubilee Warehouse
TR10 8AE Penryn